b. 1868; d. 1955
Dudley Johnston was a man of many parts. A student of music, at one point he became director of the Liverpool Philharmonic Society. He became a member of the Linked Ring in 1907. Twice President of the Royal Photographic Society, he was instrumental in creating the Permanent Collection of photographs and equipment, and he later became Curator of the Royal Photographic Society's print collection. He was later awarded the OBE for his services to photography.
He was a pictorialist, specialising in landscapes, and originally worked on gum-bichromate, and platinum prints.
© Robert Leggat, 1999.